The BiPAP Auto is the first device to combine auto adjusting pressure delivery with the breath-by-breath pressure relief of Bi-Flex. It's the most natural sleep therapy you can find, and it comes complete with Encore Pro SmartCard technology, ramp, auto-altitude adjustment and a host of other easy-to-use advanced features.
Get Smart with an Auto-BiPAP
The BiPAP Auto features a proactive, multi-level algorithm that analyzes several parameters to monitor and respond to a patient’s breathing. A key parameter is flow limitation (a common early indication of complete obstruction). The auto algorithm performs two types of tests (Pcritical and Poptimal ) that allow the pressure to be maintained at a level at which obstruction is not likely to occur but is not unnecessarily high, thus maximizing patient comfort.
This ongoing proactive search of Pcrit and Popt levels allows for maximum therapeutic effectiveness at minimum pressures without creating any uncomfortable spikes in pressure or patient arousals.
Respironics' exclusive Bi-Flex waveform technology softens the air at inhalation and exhalation to provide a more comfortable overall therapy experience. The amount of pressure relief is based on your breathing pattern and your Bi-Flex setting. With three Bi-Flex settings, you have the ability to select a greater or lesser degree of pressure relief so that it's just right for you.
M Series for Home, M Series for Travel
The REMstar M Series sleep systems are ultra small, easy-to-use, and especially consumer-friendly. Their black brushed finishes resist scratching and look good wherever you place them; their gently lighted on-board controls are easy on the eyes and easy to find whether the lights are on or off. Each M Series BiPAP is small (just 7.5 x 5 x 3.2 inches) so don't lose it under your latest paperback; and made from feather-weight durable construction materials. The BiPAP Auto M Series system weighs in at just 2.2 lbs!
Get Smart with the Encore SmartCard
In addition to all of it's other great features the BiPAP Auto MSeries comes with an Encore Pro SmartCard module and SmartCard. With Encore Pro SmartCards you can record compliance data, track quality of life, and record both qualitative and quantitative data so that your CPAP treatment can be effective and successful. With its advanced therapy tracking capabilities the BiPAP Auto gives you reports on apnea/hypopnea index, elevated leak levels, and snoring as well as usage time and patterns, 7 days of in-depth sleep analysis, and the FOSQ quality of life questionnaire. Because the Encore Pro SmartCard is small, light and easy to mail you can save time and money by visiting the doctor less often during treatment. Your doctor can even change your therapy settings directly on the SmartCard without ever having to see the CPAP.
- Small, sleek and lightweight design is easy to store and good looking (Just 2.2lbs)
- Ultra-quiet operation (Maximum sound level at 10cm H2O = 31 dBA)
- Wide pressure range (4 to 25 cm H20)
- Adjustable Ramp Time (0 to 45 minutes in 5-minute increments)
- Covered LCD display for advanced settings and reporting of therapy statistics and patient reminders
- Durable, long lasting construction
- Encore SmartCard and optional EncoreViewer Data Tracking Software enables therapy tracking
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of the United States.)
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 12.01.2009
- Manufacturer:Philips Respironics
- Part Numbers:DS700S, DS700HS
- In The Package:BiPAP Auto M-Series BiLevel with Bi-Flex, Travel Bag, SmartCard Module with SmartCard, Filters (2 Reusable Foam, 1 Ultra Fine), 6-Foot Tube, Printed Users Manual, Power Cord & External AC Power Supply, 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty. Heated Humidifier also included depending on package selected.
- HCPCS Codes:E0470 E0562
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
- BiPAP = 7.5" x 5.0" x 3.125" (19cm x 12.7cm x 7.9cm)
- BiPAP = 2.2 lbs
- BiPAP with HUMIDIFIER = 8.25" x 8.75" x 4.0" (170mm x 95mm x 280mm)
- BiPAP with HUMIDIFIER= 4.2 lbs
- External Power Supply = 3.5" x 2.75" x 1.5"
- External Power Supply = .6 lbs (272 g)
- Universal Power Supply = Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Pressure Range = 4cm to 25cm H20 (±1 cm H20)
- Ramp Time = 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure = 4 to EPAP (User adjustable)
- Altitude Compenstation = Automatic (Low, Medium or High)
- On Screen: Total Therapy Hours, Total Blower Hours, Usage Sessions Over 4 Hours, FOSQ
- SmartCard: Total Therapy Hours, Total Blower Hours, Usage Sessions Over 4 Hours, FOSQ (Quality of Life Questionnaire), usage patterns, 6 months of storage at 3 usage sessions per day plus 7 days in depth, AHI, leak, and snore