The HC150 Heated Humidifier from Fisher & Paykel improves patient comfort and compliance by providing warmed, humidified air during CPAP and BiPAP therapy. It is an external heated humidifier and therefore is compatible with almost any CPAP/BiPAP system including those from Respironics, ResMed, Puritan Bennett, Covidien, DeVilbiss, Fisher & Paykel, AEIOmed, and others.
- Exclusive Ambient Tracking™ to prevent condensation
- Simple, Easy to Use Humidity Controls
- Small and Compact
- Front Mounted On/Off Switch and Humidity Controls
- Universally Compatible
More Comfortable Therapy: Up to 80% of CPAP/BiPAP users complain of upper airway or nasal symptoms which can occur due to cold, dry air during therapy. Unfortunately these symptoms may be so severe that treatment is discontinued. The nasal mucosa is responsible for heating and humidifying the air we breath. Research has shown the increased airflow of CPAP/BiPAP can overwhelm our natural ability to humidify inspired air. As a result, the nasal mucosa may become dry, irritated and swollen. The HC150 adds heated humidification to standard CPAP therapy, maintaining mucosal hydration and preventing discomfort.
Intelligent Therapy Adjustments: During the night, room temperatures often drop. When this occurs, humidification users commonly notice condensation and water droplets forming in the tubing. Many find the associated gurgling noise -- commonly known as rainout -- irritating and are often forced to drain the tubing during the night. To overcome this, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare has developed the HC150 Humidifier with a unique Ambient Tracking feature. Ambient Tracking adjusts heater plate temperature throughout the night to compensate for changes in room temperature so that condensation is minimized while humidity is maximized.
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- Manufacturer:Fisher & Paykel
- Part Numbers:HC150PACKJHU
- In The Package:HC150 heated humidifier, US power cord, tubing, two HC325 water chambers, mounting tray, tubing connectors, and printed instructions
- HCPCS Codes:E0562
- GTIN Codes:09420012413345
- RX Required:Prescription required prior to shipment. Click to learn more about submitting prescriptions.
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
Performance & Power Characteristics
- Humidifier = 2.1in X 5.2in X 5.7in (5.4cm X 13.2cm X 14.6cm)
- Humidifier = 1.8 lbs. with Chamber
- North American Power Supply Only
- Operating Temperature = 30° C to 65° C (86° F to 149° F)
- Heater Settings = 1 - 4
- Chamber Options = HC325 disposable or HC300 long lasting
- Water Capacity = 480 ml to maximum fill line
Great CPAP Addition
Easy to use, easy to care for, and I love the fact that I can use it on a wide variety of CPAP makes and models.
Written by wadleighgr, -2018-01-03
This is a very serviceable stand alone humidifier that can be used with any CPAP device. Lightweight, easy to pack, very reasonably priced. Just two observations  It's nearly impossible to clean or dry the water chamber that comes in the package so unless you pony up for the reusable chamber (and I suggest that you do) you risk fungal colonization and that is never good;  The ambient humidity tracking still allows significant and noisy rain out at higher humidification settings. I am fairly sensitive to low humidity and do well on the lowest settings.
Written by BKR, -2014-08-17
Good product, will be nice if the 230V power supply version is available for selection. They produce both 115 and 230V (but only offer the 115V within the United States).
Written by GL, -2012-10-11