The SleepStyle Auto 254 is an advanced auto-adjusting CPAP system designed to enhance comfort with Fisher & Paykel's unique SensAwake™ Technology. SensAwake senses when a patient wakes and promptly lowers the pressure to aid the transition back to sleep. The result is more personalized therapy during sleep and awake states. The auto-adjusting algorithm detects and responds effectively to flow limitation, apnea and hypopnea. Like all Auto-CPAP systems the SleepStyle 254 will adjust therapy levels throughout the night to ensure that the lowest possible therapy levels are delivered for successful sleep.
True Integration - The SleepStyle 254 is a truly integrated Auto-CPAP systems that includes an internal heated humidifier proven to improve therapy acceptance and compliance. Both disposable and long life humidifier chambers are available.
Quiet Operation - Two kinds of noise can annoy you and your sleeping partner during sleep therapy. There is the noise of the APAP system and the gurgling noise (rainout) that results from condensation forming in the air tube. The SleepStyle 254 addresses both issues. It operates very quietly and, with Ambient Tracking PLUS, it automatically adjust the level of humidification to minimize rainout noise from condensation in the system while maximizing overall comfort levels.
Therapy Software Options - The SleepStyle 254 offers a USB SmartStick and Fisher & Paykels PerformanceMaximizer Software capabilities for easy monitoring of treatment efficacy and comprehensive patient management.
- Fully Integrated System - A CPAP and humidifier incorporated into one unit - A compact and practical CPAP solution. Using humidification from the outset of treatment is proven to increase therapy acceptance and compliance.
- SensAwake Technology - Patients commonly arouse from sleep and experience awake states, during which they are often intolerant of pressure. SensAwake uses flow to monitor patients' breathing patterns, identifies these awake states and promptly reduces the pressure.
- Ambient Tracking Plus - Auto-adjusting humidification technology - The auto-adjusting heater plate maximizes humidity delivered by compensating for changes in room temperature, and during mouth and mask leak. The level of humidity delivered is dependent on room temperature.
- Altitude Adjustment Control - Adjusts pressure according to altitude - With manual controls the machine will adjust to compensate for pressure variations caused by changing altitudes.
- Leak Compensation Technology - Identifies and compensates for mouth leaks - By identifying and automatically compensating for mouth or mask leaks, this technology ensures the patient is effectively treated all night.
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of the United States.)
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 2010-11-01
- Manufacturer:Fisher & Paykel
- Part Numbers:HC254
- In The Package:SleepStyle Auto-CPAP, Travel Bag, Starter Filter, 6-Foot Breathing Tube, USB SmartStick, Two Humidifier Chambers, Water Funnel, Users Manual, Power Cord, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
- HCPCS Codes:E0601
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
Performance & Power
- CPAP with HUMIDIFIER = 10.8" x 6.7" x 5.5" (275mm x 170mm x 140mm)
- CPAP with HUMIDIFIER = 4.2 lbs
- HUMIDIFIER CHAMBER CAPACITY = 400ml
- PRESSURE RANGE = 4cm to 20cm H20
- UNIVERSAL POWER SUPPLY = Input Range 100-115V (1.2A, 1.3A max); 220-240V (0.8A, 1.8A max). The SleepStyle Series uses only a slimline power cord. It requires no external power supply / brick!
- RAMP TIME = SensAwake Triggered (20 minutes)
- RAMP START PRESSURE = Lowest APAP Pressure
- ALTITUDE COMPENSATION = Manual up to 9000-Feet
- AUTOMATIC LEAK COMPENSATION = Yes
- AUTO ON/OFF = No
- WARRANTY = 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- THERAPY DATA INCLUDES = Total run hours, average compliance hours per night