Respironics mushroom swivel headgear clips are made of softer materials, with a mushroom shaped head and more ergonomic grip area, than the older style black ball clip. Extensive testing has shown that the mushroom shaped design results in a significant increase in the life of the mask frame socket area as compared to the original design.
Usage Information: These clips will work with all ComfortGel ORIGINAL Nasal, ComfortGel BLUE Nasal, ComfortGel ORIGINAL Full Face, ComfortGel BLUE Full Face, ComfortFusion, ComfortSelect, ComfortFull, and ComfortFull 2 CPAP/BiPAP masks. The DARK GRAY (BLACK) clips are provided standard on all ComfortGel ORIGINAL Nasal, ComfortFusion, ComfortSelect, and ComfortFull 2 masks. The LIGHT BLUE (LIGHT GRAY) clips are made of a more pliable rubber material and are provided standard on all ComfortGel ORIGINAL Full and ComfortGel BLUE Full Face masks.
- The mushroom-shaped design better distributes stresses caused during mask removal, deflecting that stress to the body of the mask faceplate instead of the socket area walls
- The mushroom clip has a much larger grip area and raised bumps to improve ergonomics and ease of use especially for users with limited hand dexterity
- The softer ball clip material on the new clip better absorbs the stresses caused by mask removal, thereby reducing the stresses in the socket area even further
- One result of using the softer material in the new ball clip is that its shaft will show wear, evidenced by visible nicks. This is normal and entirely expected; nicks in the material will not cause clip breakage. Respironics tests have shown that the new design will increase the socket area life by over 10 times.
- Manufacturer:Philips Respironics
- Part Numbers:1009723, 1040139
- HCPCS Codes:E1399
- GTIN Codes:00606959414020
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards