The BiPAP S/T takes advantage of SYSTEM ONE styling to create a smaller, lighter, and quieter Non-Invasive Ventilatory (NIV) bi-level therapy system with improved humidification and patient comfort features.
Everything You Expect and More
The System One BiPAP S/T includes all of the great features you expect from a sleep therapy system including a wide pressure range (4-25cm), patient adjustable ramp, automatic altitude adjustment, data card, the latest BiFlex comfort technologies, and a universal power supply. In addition the BiPAP S/T's bi-level therapy -- with a high pressure on inhalation and low pressure on expiration -- provides a more comfortable sleep experience than standard CPAP therapy. Finally the BiPAP S/T offers the added security of a SPONTANEOUS TIMED mode which will initiate a breath, after a set period of time, if no patient breath is detected.
Digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity
The BiPAP S/T's Digital AutoTrak Technology detects the onset of inspiration and exhalation and has the ability to recognize and compensate for leaks, both intentional and unintentional.
BiPAP S vs BiPAP ST Modes
The BiPAP S/T is designed to provide two different types of bi-level therapy. In SPONTANEOUS mode the BiPAP S/T with Bi-Flex tracks each breath and provides pressure relief at 3 points in the breathing cycle -- while transitioning from exhalation to inhalation, during exhalation, and while transitioning from exhalation to inhalation -- to ensure a comfortable, natural breathing experience.
In SPONTANEOUS TIMED mode the system continues to increase pressure on inhalation and decrease pressure on exhalation; but additional Breathe Rate & Rise Time settings enable the machine to initiate a breath, switching from exhalation to inhalation automatically and comfortably, if a natural breath is not detected within a set time frame.
System One Humidity Control and Dry Box Technology
Many BiPAP users find that the addition of heated humidity to their sleep therapy system improves comfort and helps with overall compliance. The optional System One Heated Humidifier delivers optimum humidity, drastically reduces rainout, and provides ultimate comfort throughout the night by analyzing and adjusting to ambient temperature, changing environmental conditions, relative humidity, and therapy flow. Revolutionary Dry Box technology isolates the humidfier's water source from the inner workings of the device to protect against accidental spillage and water damage.
System One Resistance Control
System One Resistance Control achieves complete system comfort by enabling the device and mask to work optimally together. Through simple settings, the System One Resistance Control instructs your BiPAP to compensate for variable resistance characteristics related to different masks. The result is synchronous pressure delivery and the assurance you can enjoy the full benefits of your system no matter which mask is used.
Advanced Event Detection, Reporting & Response
The System One BiPAP S/T tracks many common OSA related events including AHI, leak, clear airway apneas, and minute ventilation. It recognizes and compensates for leaks.
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- Manufacturer:Philips Respironics
- Part Numbers:1061420, 1061422
- In The Package:PR System One BiPAP S/T BiLevel Machine, SD Data Card, Carrying Case, Filters (2 Foam), 6-Foot Performance Tubing, Printed Users Manual, Universal AC Power Supply with Cord, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (BiPAP Only). Select Additional Tubing, Power & Humidification Options in Cart.
- HCPCS Codes:E0472
- RX Required:Prescription required prior to shipment. Click to learn more about submitting prescriptions.
- FLEX SPENDING:Can be purchased with FSA & HSA Cards
- BiPAP = 7" L x 5.5" W x 4" H
- BiPAP = 3.0 lbs
- BiPAP with HUMIDIFIER = 7" L x 10.75" W x 4" H
- BiPAP with HUMIDIFIER= 4.8 lbs
- Power Supply = 4.5" L x 2.5" W x 1.75" H
- Power Supply = .75 lbs
- Universal Power Supply = Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Average Sound Level = Less than 30 dBA at 10CM H20
- Pressure Ranges = IPAP 4cm to 25cm H20; EPAP 4cm to 25cm H20; CPAP 4 to 20cm
- Operating Modes = CPAP, BiLevel S, BiLevel ST
- Comfort Technologies = Bi-Flex (Available on S Mode)
- Timed Inspiration = 0.5 to 3.0 Seconds
- Breath Rate = 0 to 30 BPM
- Patient Alarms Available = Patient Disconnect, Apnea, Low Minute Ventilation
- Ramp Time = 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Altitude Compenstation = Automatic
- Leak Compensation = Automatic
- Heated Humidifier = Optional System One Humidifier
- Auto On/Off = Yes
- Data Display on Device = Compliance Visual Inspection Compliance, 7 and 30-day averages
- Data Storage & Display = On SD Card (1 Year - Daily details with Flow Waveforms); On-board (Up to 6-Months); Data Available (Patient pressure, leak, tidal volume, minute ventilation, and respiratory rate)
Heated Humidifier Specifications (Optional)
- Approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US.
- Each PR SystemOne Series CPAP/BiPAP Machine includes an FAA Approved label on the base of the machine for easy identification.
- Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have -- such as a copy of your prescription and/or a letter of medical necessity -- for allowing your CPAP/BiPAP on board.
- Water Capacity = 1 1/3 cups (325ml) at recommended water level
- Heater Settings = 1 to 5 (104º to 158º F / 40º to 70º C)
- Universal Power Supply = Direct power via CPAP/BiPAP connection
SystemOne BiPAP S/T
Works extremely well. Never could use the CPAP systems but, with this system, I am able to get a good night's sleep.
Written by David, -2014-08-30
New Features Make Sleep Easier
With the purchase of the PR SystemOne BiPAP S/T System with Bi-Flex, my confidence inproved with knowing that the device will be there to help me when I need it the most. The BiPAP will automatically adjust for mask leakage, which is sometimes a problem. However, the feature, I already greatly appreciate is the automatic inhale initiation. If I don't initiate an inhale, the device begins one for me.
Written by Lynnda, -2012-07-31