Philips Respironics PR SYSTEM ONE REMSTAR AUTO brings a wide array of proven technologies together with patient focused advancements to create a truly intelligent sleep therapy system.
Everything You Expect and More
The System One REMstar AUTO includes all of the great features you expect from a sleep therapy system including a wide pressure range (4-20cm), patient adjustable ramp, AUTOMATIC altitude adjustment, data card, the latest "flex" comfort technologies, and a universal power supply. In addition the REMstar AUTO is an auto-adjusting CPAP system so it will adjust your therapy levels throughout the night to ensure you are receiving optimum pressure for the most comfortable and successful sleep experience. On top of this the REMstar AUTO features resistance control technologies that adjust to different mask styles, and advanced therapy tracking capabilities -- including advanced event detection, response and reporting.
Flex Family Technologies - REMstar AUTO with A-FLEX, C-FLEX and C-FLEX+
Respironics natural and clinically-proven "flex" technologies enhance traditional pressure therapy to improve comfort and increase compliance. Thanks to the advanced Digital Auto-Trak algorithm that detects the onset of inspiration and exhalation, the REMstar AUTO delivers just the right pressure relief for every breath, making it easier for patients to adapt to therapy.
System One Humidity Control and Dry Box Technology
Many CPAP/APAP users find that the addition of heated humidity to their sleep therapy system improves comfort and helps with overall compliance. The optional System One Heated Humidifier delivers optimum humidity, drastically reduces rainout, and provides ultimate comfort throughout the night by analyzing and adjusting to ambient temperature, changing environmental conditions, relative humidity, and therapy flow. Revolutionary Dry Box technology isolates the humidfier's water source from the inner workings of the device to protect against accidental spillage and water damage.
System One Resistance Control
System One Resistance Control achieves complete system comfort by enabling the device and mask to work optimally together. Through simple settings, the System One Resistance Control instructs your APAP to compensate for variable resistance characteristics related to different masks. The result is synchronous pressure delivery and the assurance you can enjoy the full benefits of Respironics Flex comfort technologies no matter which mask is used.
Advanced Event Detection, Reporting & Response
The System One REMstar AUTO tracks, and adjusts therapy levels to respond to, many common OSA related events including Hypopneas, Flow Limitation, Respiratory Effort Related Arousal, Snores, and Leaks. In addition it can detect many symptoms beyond classic OSA -- such as clear airway apneas and periodic breathing -- that may indicate the need for specialized therapy.
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 08.29.2012
- Manufacturer:Philips Respironics
- Part Numbers:DS550S, DS550HS
- In The Package:PR System One REMstar Auto APAP Machine, SD Data Card, Carrying Case, Filters (2 Foam), 6-Foot Performance Tubing, Printed Users Manual, Universal AC Power Supply with Cord, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (CPAP Only). Select Additional Tubing, Power & Humidification Options in Cart.
- HCPCS Codes:E0601
- RX Required:Prescription required prior to shipment. Click to learn more about submitting prescriptions.
- FLEX SPENDING:Can be purchased with FSA & HSA Cards
- APAP = 7" L x 5.5" W x 4" H
- APAP = 3 lbs
- APAP with HUMIDIFIER = 7" L x 10.75" W x 4" H
- APAP with HUMIDIFIER= 4.8 lbs
- Power Supply = 4.5" L x 2.5" W x 1.75" H
- Power Supply = .75 lbs
- Universal Power Supply = Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Average Sound Level = Less than 30 dBA
- Pressure Range = 4cm to 20cm H20 (±1 cm H20)
- Ramp Time = 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure = 4 to Min Pressure (User adjustable)
- Altitude Compenstation = Automatic
- Comfort Technologies = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex
- Leak Compensation = Automatic
- Heated Humidifier = Optional System One Humidifier
- Auto On/Off = Yes
- Data Display on Device = Compliance Visual Inspection Compliance, 7 and 30-day averages
- Data Storage, Detection & Reporting (SD Card more than 1 year) = Hours of Use, Visual Inspection Compliance, Apnea Hypopnea Index, Flow Limitation, Respiratory Effort Related Arousal, Snore, Leak, Clear Airway Apnea, Obstructed Airway Apnea, Hypopnea, Periodic Breathing
- Event Response = Flow Limitation, Respiratory Effort Related Arousal, Snore, Leak, Obstructed Airway Apnea, Hypopnea
Heated Humidifier Specifications (Optional)
- Approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US.
- Each PR SystemOne Series CPAP/BiPAP Machine includes an FAA Approved label on the base of the machine for easy identification.
- Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have -- such as a copy of your prescription and/or a letter of medical necessity -- for allowing your CPAP/BiPAP on board.
Respironics Manufacturer's Minimum Advertised Pricing
- Water Capacity = 1 1/3 cups (325ml) at recommended water level
- Heater Settings = 1 to 5 (104º to 158º F / 40º to 70º C)
- Universal Power Supply = Direct power via CPAP/BiPAP connection
- DS550S - Full Support MSRP $1389, Limited Support MSRP $947, Minimum Advertised Price $729
- DS550HS - Full Support MSRP $1689, Limited Support MSRP $1182, Minimum Advertised Price $939