ResMed's Mirage™ FX Masks (including the Mirage FX and Mirage FX For Her) are a true leap forward in nasal CPAP mask design. With only four parts (including the headgear) it is hard to imagine more simple nasal mask designs. It is also hard to imagine designs more sophisticated or state of the art.
THE FRAME - The Mirage FX is built around a streamlined, lightweight, durable frame strong enough to stabilize the mask on the face, yet soft enough to accommodate user movement during sleep. The mask's integrated, flexible, winged forehead support moves and stretches with the user to provide a dynamic range of fit and adjustment.
THE CUSHION - Mirage FX's dual-wall, Spring Air cushion is coated with soft-touch frosting to provide comfort and even pressure distribution. The unique design provides an even softer texture and removed undercushion at the nasal bridge to reduce the pressure, soreness, irritation and discomfort commonly felt in this senstitive area. At the front of the FX's Spring Air cushion is an in-moulded vent ring that disperses air gently and quietly away from the user and bed partners.
THE HEADGEAR - ResMed has developed a unique textile composition specially for the Mirage FX's headgear. The materials used are soft, flexible and breathable, improving comfort and support for users. The headgear's form-fitting design springs to life, ready to fit and wear. The SoftEdge™ straps have rounded, seamless edges to reduce touch points, marks and discomfort. SoftEdge headgear is available in two sizes -- Standard and Small. The Standard size is included as standard with all Mirage FX masks.
THE ELBOW - Mirage FX's squeeze-tab elbow makes it easy to attach and detach from the mask frame with just one hand. Tubing can also be attached to the elbow prior to the elbow being attached to the frame. This eliminates the hard snap of a swivel and pushing into the face.Overall the revolutionary Mirage FX is easy to fit, wear, clean, and adjust. Their streamlined and unobtrusive design can help new CPAP and BiPAP users overcome the physical and emotional barriers to accepting therapy; and more experienced users will love the soft, easy fit and the amazing experience of wearing a truly ultra-light (less than 2.5 ounces including headgear) mask.
- Ultra Light -- Less than 2.5 Ounces including headgear!
- New, Form-Fitting Headgear springs to life, ready to fit and wear
- SoftEdge™ Headgear has soft rounded edges (with no seams) so it is kind to the face, reducing marks and discomfort
- Squeeze-Tab Elbow makes it easy to attach and detach the elbow from the frame
- Flexible, Winged Forehead Support allows a dynamic range of fit and adjustment
- Lightweight, Durable Frame is strong enough to stabilize the mask, and soft enough to accommodate movement
- Dual-Wall, Spring Air Nasal Cushion provides even pressure distribution, with extra softness at the sensitive nasal bridge
- Diffuse Vent Design disperses air gently and quietly, away from the user and bed partners
- Headgear Loops simplify attachement and detachment of headgear while retaining optimal headgear settings
- Three Sizes Available. The Standard is designed to fit most users. The Wide mask is designed for users with wider nasal features and the Small mask is designed for users with more petite nasal features.
- Part Numbers:62103, 62109, 62118, 62128
- Warranties:Exclusive 30-Night Money Back Guarantee & 90-Day Manufacturer's Warranty
- In The Package:Complete Nasal Mask with Cushion & Headgear.
- HCPCS Codes:A7034
- GTIN Codes:00619498621033, 00619498621095, 00619498621187, 00619498621286
- FLEX SPENDING:Can be purchased with FSA & HSA Cards
- Available Sizes:Small, Standard, Wide
- Materials:Latex Free
MASK & INTERFACE SPECS
- Mask Types:Nasal Cushion Masks, His & Hers Masks
- Pressure Range:4 to 20 cm H20 Recommended
It was easy to order my cpap supplies and quick delivery to re sieve them. Will do business with them again.
Written by heatherdsnow2003, -2018-01-20
Apparently Nasal Masks are not for me
I normally use a Resmed F10 full face mask. I was hoping a nasal mask would give me more freedom to roll around. I tried the DreamWear mask and that did allow more movement, but it was incredibly noisy. I have now tried the Mirage and it works pretty well, but it is a little noisier than my F10 which I think is due to a smaller exit holes. Not as noisy as the DreamWear, but it does not allow for movement any easier than my F10. Also, I occasionally get stuffed up and of course a nasal mask won't work at all in that situation.
Written by Howard N, -2016-07-11
Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP/BiLevel Mask with Headgear
Easy to adjust. Easy to remove. I was glad a friend of mine suggested this one to try. This will be my choice of mask going forward
Written by DennisM, -2015-12-28
Problems with Vent
I have owned two of these masks and both broke where the vent tabs are connected and are molded into the mask with in 4 to 5 months. Otherwise a good fitting mask. The vent holes are noisy if you lay on your side and it blows on anything including your partner.
Written by Mike, -2015-08-17
Fits and doesn't move around
This mask fits my nose and most importantly does not move around in bed when I move. I believe this is because of the headgear. The mask is attached to the head and the head swivels on the neck. If the headgear and mask assembly all are attached to the head it will all move together and not cause leaks. The "over the head" top strap on the headgear with the FX keeps the lower strap from slipping down onto the neck---keeps the bottom strap up on the head so the whole assembly can move together when I move my head in bed. I purchased a (returnable) Comfort Classic along with this one. Its mask is every bit as good I believe--slightly larger with the same double seal system. The difference was the headgear. The Comfort Classic does not have the top strap so, on my head, the bottom strap slips down onto the neck. When I turn my head the strap on the neck does not move with the head and pulls on the mask and creates a side leak. My next order will be a Comfort Classic for price and the FX headgear---If I can get it that way.
Written by Arizona Dale, -2015-01-23
Comfort at last!
OMG !! I have at last found a mask that fits my slender nose without leaking air into my eyes all night! I have tried at least 10 different masks and this is the only one that is light weight and lets me sleep through the night!
Written by Carol in Delavan, -2013-01-20
My old Ultra Mirage was leaking and the headgear would never stay in place. Consequently I was not sleeping well at all. I switched to the Mirage FX and the difference is astounding. Whereas te Ultra Mirage is big and bulky, the FX is small, unobtrusive and has a terrific fit. I now comfortably sleep straight through the night.
Written by Wayne, -2012-04-16
The top straps constantly come off the mask and in the middle of the night that is a problem.
Written by Pat O., -2012-02-13