ResMed's S9 Escape CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) System provides a more natural sleep therapy breathing experience with Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR) technologies, a whisper quiet Easy-Breathe motor, wide pressure range, automatic altitude adjustment, an enhanced mask fit system, and a host of other features.
Quietly Capable Easy-Breathe Motor - CPAP systems create two types of noise: radiated noise in the room, and conducted noise through the tube. The S9's Easy-Breathe motor with axial air-flow produces less "turbulence" lowering average radiated sound levels to just 24dBA. In addition ResMed has reduced conducted noise levels through the breathing tube by 78%. When fully operational the S9 series is no louder than normal breathing!
Easy-Breathe EPR - ResMed has updated the clinically proven Easy-Breathe EPR waveform. Breath by breath, Easy-Breathe EPR reduces the work of breathing during exhalation providing a gentler pressure that naturally adapts to your breathing cycle throughout the night.
Choose Your Tubing: ClimateLine vs SlimLine - An often overlooked but vitally important element in sleep therapy is the tubing! Tubing designs have remained relatively unchanged for 20-years until now. With the S9 ResMed introduces two great tubing options. SLIMLINE tubing is the lightest, slimmest and most flexible CPAP tube on the market. 40% lighter than traditional tubing, SlimLine tubing eliminates drag on your mask and weight on your bed helping to improve overall fit and sleep comfort. SlimLine tubing also features a smart-fit cuff design that makes it easier to attach and remove the tubing from your machine and mask.
If you choose the H5i Heated Humidifier with your S9 system then you can select CLIMATELINE heated tubing for truly exceptional comfort. The ClimateLine tube features a temperature sensor at the mask end of the tube. You set your preferred humidity and optimum temperature levels and the S9 Climate Control system adjusts your therapy to suit. Because the system measures temperature at the mask, the temperature you feel will remain at your preferred setting, regardless of changes in ambient temperature or humidity. ClimateLine heated tubing offers increased flexibility, more sleeping comfort, less mask drag and prevents rainout without reducing humidity.
Enhanced H5i Humidifier (Optional) - A great sleep therapy system deserves a great humidifier. The H5i Humidifier with Climate Control is just that. The H5i heated humidifier offers relief from dryness and congestion and integrates seamlessly with the S9. Intuitive and easy to use, the S9's settings screen you can adjust humidity levels at any time during therapy. The H5i's adaptive Climate Control system intelligently adjusts to your environmental conditions and delivers optimal temperature and humidity right to the mask. It protects you from rainout without compromising humidity and provides the most comfortable therapy possible.
Basic Therapy Tracking - The S9 allows you to view a snapshot of your sleep therapy directly on the device. The S9 ESCAPE stores basic therapy tracking data including hours of use and compliance data, up to 365 sessions, both on the device and the removable data card.
- Compact size offers exceptional treatment in an unobtrusive, user device -- great for home, great for travel!
- Fixed CPAP with Customizable EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- Whisper-quiet operation (Less than 24 dBA average)
- Wide pressure range (4 to 20 cm H20) and adjustable ramp (0 to 45 min) allow you to fall asleep at a lower pressure
- EPR & Easy-Breathe provide greater comfort than standard CPAP Systems and reduce leak levels
- Intelligent Tubing Options - In addition to Standard tubing the S9 Series can use ResMed's exclusive SlimLine and ClimateLine Tubing.
- SD Data Card offers basic efficacy and compliance data
- Automatic Leak Detection adjusts to leaks to ensure that the correct pressure is always delivered
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of the United States.)
Parts for S9 Escape CPAP with EPR™ - DISCONTINUED
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
Performance & Power
- CPAP: 6.0” x 5.5” x 3.4” (153 mm x 140 mm x 86 mm)
- CPAP: 1.8 lb (810 g)
- CPAP with Humidifier: 6.0” x 11.5” x 3.4” (153 mm x 292 mm x 86 mm)
- CPAP with Humidifier: 3.5 lb (1590 g)
- Power Supply: 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches, 1.25lbs.
- Pressure Range: 4cm to 20cm H20
- Ramp Time: 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure: 4 to CPAP Pressure
- Altitude Compensation: Automatic up to 8500-Feet
- Automatic Leak Compensation: No
- Auto On/Off: No
- Universal Power Supply: Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Warranty: 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (CPAP), 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (Humidifier)
- Sound Levels: Less than 24 dBA at 10cm H2O
- Flex / EPR Technologies: EPR with Easy-Breathe
- Approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US.
- ResMed confirms that the S9 Series meets the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements (RTCA/DO-160F) for all phases of air travel. Each S9 Series CPAP/BiLevel Machine includes FAA Approval information, in raised lettering, on the base of the machine for easy identification.
- Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have -- such as a copy of your prescription and/or a letter of medical necessity -- for allowing your CPAP/BiLevel on board.
- On Screen Data Review: 365 days of therapy summary data
- SD Data Card Storage: 365 days of therapy summary data