With its sleek contours and a compact size the dramatically different S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel System from ResMed makes sleep therapy truly user-friendly for the first time. The S9's stylish brushed silver and black exterior features a large color display with four clearly marked buttons that make adjustments and therapy tracking easier than ever. But don't let the S9's good looks fool you its real power lies beneath the surface...
Enhanced Auto BiLevel Therapy - All Auto-BiLevel machines adjust overall therapy levels -- on both inhalation and exhalation -- to ensure you're receiving the optimal pressures for successful bilevel sleep therapy. The S9 VPAP Auto takes this a step further with an enhanced AutoSet algorithm and Easy-Breathe expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) dynamically adjusting pressure throughout each breath for maximum comfort.
Quietly Capable Easy-Breathe Motor - The S9's Easy-Breathe motor lowers average radiated sound levels to just 24dBA. In addition ResMed has reduced conducted noise levels through the breathing tube by 78%. When fully operational the S9 series is no louder than normal breathing!
Easy-Breathe EPR - ResMed has updated the clinically proven Easy-Breathe EPR waveform. Easy-Breathe EPR adjusts pressures during each breath naturally adapting to your breathing cycle to make transitions between inhalation and exhalation flow more easily and feel more natural.
Choose Your Tubing: ClimateLine vs SlimLine - An often overlooked but vitally important element in sleep therapy is the tubing! Tubing designs have remained relatively unchanged for 20-years until now. With the S9 ResMed introduces two great tubing options. SLIMLINE tubing is the lightest, slimmest and most flexible CPAP tube on the market. 40% lighter than traditional tubing, SlimLine tubing eliminates drag on your mask and weight on your bed helping to improve overall fit and sleep comfort. SlimLine tubing also features a smart-fit cuff design that makes it easier to attach and remove the tubing from your machine and mask.
If you choose the H5i Heated Humidifier with your S9 system then you can select CLIMATELINE heated tubing for truly exceptional comfort. The ClimateLine tube features a temperature sensor at the mask end of the tube. You set your preferred humidity and optimum temperature levels and the S9 Climate Control system adjusts your therapy to suit. Because the system measures temperature at the mask, the temperature you feel will remain at your preferred setting, regardless of changes in ambient temperature or humidity. ClimateLine heated tubing offers increased flexibility, more sleeping comfort, less mask drag and prevents rainout without reducing humidity.
Enhanced H5i Humidifier (Optional) - A great sleep therapy system deserves a great humidifier. The H5i Humidifier with Climate Control is just that. The H5i heated humidifier offers relief from dryness and congestion and integrates seamlessly with the S9. Intuitive and easy to use, the S9's settings screen you can adjust humidity levels at any time during therapy. The H5i's adaptive Climate Control system intelligently adjusts to your environmental conditions and delivers optimal temperature and humidity right to the mask. It protects you from rainout without compromising humidity and provides the most comfortable therapy possible.
Mask-Fit Made Easy - The S9's Mask-Fit feature is simple and effective. It offers three settings: Nasal, Pillow and Full Face. With the touch of a button you select your mask style and then the Mask-Fit system will run a quick diagnostic to ensure your mask is sealing properly. If your mask needs adjustment the system will alert you so that you can correct any fitting problems you may have prior to starting therapy.
Data Rich - The S9 allows you to view a snapshot of your sleep therapy directly on the device. Designed to provide daily feedback and encouragement, the Sleep Quality Indicator identifies usage, leak and AHI information. In addition the Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure. The S9 also ships with an SD Card inserted in the device that can be used by your doctor to review more advanced information. The SD Card provides detailed graphical data and high resolution flow data. It stores 365 days of therapy and compliance data, 30 days of detailed data, and 7 days of high resolution flow data.
- Compact size offers exceptional treatment in an unobtrusive, user device -- great for home, great for travel!
- Choice of fixed CPAP, BiLevel or Auto-BiLevel Therapy
- Whisper-quiet operation (Less than 24 dBA average)
- Wide bilevel pressure range (4 to 25 cm H20) and adjustable ramp (0 to 45 min) allow you to fall asleep at a lower pressure
- Intelligent Tubing Options - In addition to Standard tubing the S9 Series can use ResMed's exclusive SlimLine and ClimateLine Tubing.
- EPR & Easy-Breathe provide greater comfort than standard BiLEvel Systems and reduce leak levels
- SD Data Card offers Comprehensive efficacy and compliance data
- SmartStart - Starts the flow of air after breathing into the mask and stops the flow of air when the mask is removed
- VSync monitors and compensates for leak continuously and automatically
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment
- TiControl is an additional setting that can accomodate individual respiratory conditions by improving the synchrony between the user and the device.
- Mask Off Detection alerts user to excessive leaks or mask removal
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of the United States.)
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 2014-12-23
- Part Numbers:36006, 36016, 36026
- In The Package:S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel, Travel Bag, Starter Filter, SlimLine or ClimateLine Breathing Tube depending on package selected, SD Data Card, Printed Users Manual, 90W Power Supply with Cord, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. H5i Integrated Heated Humidifier also included depending on package selected.
- HCPCS Codes:E0740
- GTIN Codes:00619498360161
- RX Required:Prescription required prior to shipment. Click to learn more about submitting prescriptions.
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
Performance & Power
- VPAP Machine: 6.0” x 5.5” x 3.4” (153 mm x 140 mm x 86 mm)
- VPAP Machine: 1.8 lb (810 g)
- VPAP with Humidifier: 6.0” x 11.5” x 3.4” (153 mm x 292 mm x 86 mm)
- VPAP with Humidifier: 3.5 lb (1590 g)
- Power Supply: 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches, 1.25lbs.
- Pressure Range: BiLevel Mode = iPAP 4cm to 25cm H2O; ePAP 3cm to 25cm H2O. CPAP Mode = 4cm to 20cm H20
- Ramp Time: 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Altitude Compensation: Automatic up to 8500-Feet
- Automatic Leak Compensation: Yes
- Auto On/Off: Yes
- Universal Power Supply: Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Warranty: 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (BiLevel), 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (Humidifier)
- Sound Levels: Less than 24 dBA at 10cm H2O
- Flex / EPR Technologies: EPR with Easy-Breathe
- Approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US and all international flights that depart or arrive in the US.
- ResMed confirms that the S9 Series meets the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements (RTCA/DO-160F) for all phases of air travel. Each S9 Series CPAP/BiLevel Machine includes FAA Approval information, in raised lettering, on the base of the machine for easy identification.
- Always contact your airline prior to your flight to confirm any requirements they may have -- such as a copy of your prescription and/or a letter of medical necessity -- for allowing your CPAP/BiLevel on board.
- On Screen Data Review: Daily Feedback Sleep Quality Indicator identifies usage, leak and AHI information. Sleep Report offers summary compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure.
- SD Data Card Storage: 365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics). 30 days of detailed data (graphs). 7 days of high resolution flow data. Data includes... Usage, SpO2, Snore, Pulse Rate, Pressure, Minute Ventilation, Leak, Flow, Flow Limitation, Events, OAI/UAI, AHI/AI/CAI