ResMed's S8 Compact is designed for daily use, but it's incredibly small form factor makes it perfect for travel as well.
The S8 Compact is a great entry level CPAP system from ResMed so while it costs a lot less than many CPAPs it still offers great features like 4-band manual altitude adjustment, a wide pressure range, variable ramp capabilities, and lightweight durable construction. It's also incredibly compact -- smaller than many alarm clocks and much smaller than your copy of War & Peace -- and built of sturdy thermoplastic materials that help make it quiet and super lightweight!
In addition to being a great system on its own, the S8 Compact can be combined with the truly integrated H4i Heated Humidifier. The H4i is powered by the system itself so when the H4i is attached to your S8 they become a single working unit. The H4i locks onto the S8 body for maximum stability, but it is always easy to detach should you wish to use your system without humidification.
The fliptop lid makes filling and emptying the humidifier easier than ever and the large capacity (390ml) chamber means that you won't need to get up to refill during the night!
- Compact size offers exceptional treatment in an unobtrusive, travel-friendly device -- great for home, great for travel!
- Multiple (4-band) altitude settings provide freedom to travel
- Wide pressure range (4 to 20 cm H20) and adjustable ramp (0 to 45 min) allow you to fall asleep at a lower pressure
- Easy to understand on-screen function menus displayed on large LCD for enhanced readability
- Small system footprint with lightweight, robust construction
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of the United States.)
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 10.01.2009
- Part Numbers:33030
- In The Package:S8 Compact CPAP, Small Black Travel Bag (will not hold humidifier), Starter Filter, 2-Meter (78-Inch) Breathing Tube, Printed Users Manual, Power Cord (for US Power Supply), 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. H4i Integrated Heated Humidifier also included depending on package selected.
- HCPCS Codes:E0601
- FLEX SPENDING:Can be purchased with FSA & HSA Cards
Performance & Power
- CPAP = 4.6" x 6.5" x 5.7" (112mm x 164mm x 145mm)
- CPAP = 2.9 lbs
- CPAP with Humidifier = 4.6" x 6.7" x 12" (118mm x 170mm x 304mm)
- CPAP with Humidifier = 4.5 lbs
- Power Supply = NA (The S8 Compact includes an 8-FT Power Cord which requires no external power supply)
- Pressure Range: 4cm to 20cm H20
- Ramp Time: 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure: 4 to CPAP Pressure
- Altitude Compensation: Manual
- Auto On / Off: No
- Warranty: 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (CPAP), 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (Humidifier)
- Sound Levels: Less than 31 dBA at 10cm H2O
- Flex / EPR Technologies: No
- Universal Power Supply: Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- DC / 12V Power Supply: The S8 Compact is not designed for use with 12V DC Power (like cigarette style sockets). To use the S8 Compact with 12V DC Power please purchase the ResMed approved Tripp•Lite PowerVerter Inverter.
- Data Includes: Usage hours and days available via on screen LCD menu