ResMed’s S8 Escape II features a sophisticated, whisper-quiet motor that delivers superior performance at half the motor speed of previous systems. The lower motor speed combined with the Elite II's engineered thermoplastic construction reduces noise levels to less than 26 dBA at 10cm H2O! In addition the new Easy-Breathe waveform with improved EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) intelligently recreates individual breathing patterns so that breathing feels more natural throughout the night.
The S8 Escape II is highly customizable with a wide pressure range, automatic altitude adjustment, adjustable ramp, a ResScan Data Card, and Universal Power Supply. EPR relief levels can also be customized to ensure that breathing feels natural. EPR has the added benefit of reducing overall leak levels in clinical trials.
In addition to being a great system on its own, the S8 Escape II can be combined with the truly integrated H4i Heated Humidifier. The H4i is powered by the system itself so when the H4i is attached to your S8 they become a single working unit. The H4i locks onto the S8 body for maximum stability, but it is always easy to detach should you wish to use your system without humidification. The fliptop lid makes filling and emptying the humidifier easier than ever and the large capacity (390ml) chamber means that you won't need to get up to refill during the night!
The S8 Escape II includes a ResScan Data Card that stores usage summary data. Up to a year's worth of summary data can be stored.
- Compact size offers exceptional treatment in an unobtrusive, travel-friendly device -- great for home, great for travel!
- Choice of fixed CPAP or Customizable EPR (Exiratory Pressure Relief)
- Whisper-quiet operation (Less than 26 dBA average)
- Wide pressure range (4 to 20 cm H20) and adjustable ramp (0 to 20 min) allow you to fall asleep at a lower pressure
- EPR & Easy-Breathe provide greater comfort than standard CPAP Systems and reduce leak levels
- ResScan Data Card offers summary usage data
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of the United States.)
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 09.29.2011
- Part Numbers:33051
- In The Package:S8 Escape II CPAP, Travel Bag, Starter Filter, 2-Meter (78-Inch) Breathing Tube, ResScan Data Card, Printed Users Manual, Power Cord, 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. H4i Integrated Heated Humidifier also -included depending on package selected.
- HCPCS Codes:E0601
- RX Required:Prescription required prior to shipment. Click to learn more about submitting prescriptions.
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
Performance & Power
- CPAP = 4.6" x 6.5" x 5.7" (112mm x 164mm x 145mm)
- CPAP = 3.1 lbs
- CPAP with HUMIDIFIER = 4.6" x 6.7" x 12" (118mm x 170mm x 304mm)
- CPAP with HUMIDIFIER= 4.6 lbs
- POWER BRICK = NA (The Intellipap includes an 8-FT Power Cord which requires no Power Brick)
- Pressure Range: 4cm to 20cm H20
- Ramp Time: 0 to 20 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure: 4 to CPAP Pressure
- Altitude Compensation: Automatic up to 8500-Feet
- Universal Power Supply: Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Auto On / Off >> No
- Warranty: 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (CPAP), 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty (Humidifier)
- Sound Levels: Less than 26 dBA at 10cm H2O
- Flex / EPR Technologies: EPR with Easy-Breathe
- Data Includes: Usage Summary
- Data Storage: Via ResScan Data Card - 180 sessions of summary data; Via PC Cable - 365 sessions of summary data; Data also available via on screen LCD menu