The Sandman Auto™ HC offers a unique design that fit easily into users’ lives delivering unparalleled performance, comfort, features, and convenience all in a package robust enough for nightly use at home and small enough to tuck in your carry back on the road. The Sandman Auto is an Auto-CPAP (or APAP) system so it analyzes every breath and adjusts pressure to ensure that the lowest possible therapy levels are delivered to ensure you an optimal sleep experience.
Every Sandman Auto unit comes complete with an internal heated humidifier featuring the Humid Control (HC) humidification system that provides a stable humidification level throughout the night for highly effective and comfortable therapy. By merging the APAP and humidifier design from the outset Puritan Bennett / Covidien was able to create an astonishingly light and compact unit. At just 2.64 lbs with heated humidifier the Sandman weighs less than most APAP systems by themselves! The Sandman's humidifier is located at the rear of the device with a water chamber and filter that are easy to remove for cleaning. And the Sandman is powered by a single slimline cord too so there is no heavy "power brick" to worry about!
Numerous user-friendly features -- including automatic patient reminders, ultra-quiet operation and a front-facing display screen with large backlit buttons that dim automatically after use -- help to make the Sandman easy to sleep with at night and a great look and low price makes the Sandman easy to live with during the day.
- Clean, sophisticated design with an exceptionally small footprint fits easily into the home environment and carry-on luggage
- Super quiet operation (Best in class at 26 dBA average)
- Wide pressure range (3 to 20 cm H20) and adjustable ramp (0 to 45 min) allow you to fall asleep at a lower pressure
- No bulky power brick
- Large backlit buttons that dim automatically after use
- Automatic patient reminders
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of U.S.)
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 09.01.2010
- Part Numbers:M-114822-US
- In The Package:Sandman Auto HC APAP with Heated Humidifier, Travel Bag, Power Cord, Memory Card, Two Reusable Foam Filters, 6-Foot Tube, Printed Users Manuals, 2 Year Warranty.
- HCPCS Codes:E0601 E0562
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
Performance & Power
- APAP with HUMIDIFIER = 6.9" x 7.5" x 4.7"
- APAP with HUMIDIFIER = 2.64 lbs
- Pressure Range = 3cm to 20cm H20
- Ramp Time = 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure = 3 to APAP Pressure (User adjustable)
- Altitude Compenstation = Automatic up to 9000 Feet
- Automatic Leak Compensation = Yes
- Universal Power Supply = Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Max Power Consumption = 50W without humidifier, 90W with humidifier at maximum setting
- Power Brick = NA (The Sandman uses a slim power cord with no power brick.)
- Auto On/Off = No
- Water Chamber Capacity = 350 ml
- Heater Settings = 0-10 Adjustable
- Warranty = 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Recording of apneas and hypopneas with central/obstructive split
- Recording of inspiratory flow limitations and snoring
- Leak detection and reporting for each respiratory event
- Approximately 200 sessions of 8 hours stored in embedded memory
- Approximately 50 sessions of 8 hours available on memory card
- Comprehensive Sandman therapy software available for all users