The Sandman Duo™ HC is designed to fit easily into users’ lives delivering unparalleled performance, comfort, features, and convenience in a package sophisticated enough for use at home; and small enough to take on the road.
The Sandman Duo delivers bi-level therapy, reducing pressure during each exhalation for a more natural feeling sleep therapy experience. The Duo's Adaptive Pressure Stability, detects and adapts to respiratory events -- such as apneas, hypopneas, inspiratory flow limitations, and snoring -- throughout the night to reduce the pressure spikes and drops commonly associated with such events.
Each Sandman Duo comes complete with an internal HumidControl (HC) humidifier that provides a stable humidification level throughout the night -- regardless of external temperature and humidity changes -- for highly effective and comfortable therapy. By merging the BiLevel and humidifier design from the outset Puritan Bennett / Covidien was able to create an astonishingly light and compact unit. At just 2.64 lbs with heated humidifier the Sandman weighs less than most BiLevel systems by themselves! The Sandman's humidifier is located at the rear of the device with a water chamber and filter that are easy to remove for cleaning. And the Sandman Duo with humidifier is powered by a single slimline cord too so there is no heavy "power brick" to worry about!
The Sandman Duo's numerous other user-friendly features -- including automatic patient reminders, ultra-quiet operation, automatic altitude compensation, adjustable ramp, and a front-facing display screen with large backlit buttons that dim automatically after use -- make it easy to sleep with at night. Great design and low pricing make the Sandman easy to live with during the day!
- Clean, sophisticated design with an exceptionally small footprint fits easily into the home environment and carry-on luggage
- Super quiet operation (Best in class at 26 dBA average)
- Wide pressure range (3 to 25 cm H20) and adjustable ramp (0 to 45 min) allow you to fall asleep at a lower pressure
- No bulky power supply / brick
- Large backlit buttons that dim automatically after use
- Automatic patient remindersUniversal Power - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of U.S.)
- True Circuit Calibration - Device compensates for variances in pressure caused by different tubing and mask styles to deliver accurate pressure at the mask
- Adaptive Pressure Stability - Greatly reduces pressure spikes and drops during the breathing cycle
- Extensive Compliance Data and Software options available
- Built in Humidifier with HumidControl (HC) Technology
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 09.01.2010
- Part Numbers:M-114823-US
- In The Package:Sandman Duo HC BiLevel with Heated Humidifier, Travel Bag, Power Cord, Memory Card, Two Reusable Foam Filters, 6-Foot Tube, Printed Users Manuals, 2-Year Warranty.
- HCPCS Codes:E0470 E0562
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
Performance & Power
- BiLEVEL with HUMIDIFIER = 6.9" x 7.5" x 4.7"
- BiLEVEL with HUMIDIFIER = 2.64 lbs
- Pressure Range = 3cm to 25cm H20
- Ramp Time = 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure = 3 to BiLevel Pressure (User adjustable)
- External Power Supply = NA (The Sandman uses a slim power cord with no power supply / brick.)
- Universal Power = Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Max Power Consumption = 50W without humidifier, 90W with humidifier at maximum setting
- Altitude Compenstation = Automatic up to 9000 Feet
- Automatic Leak Compensation = Yes
- Auto On/Off = No
- Water Chamber Capacity = 350 ml
- Heater Settings = 0-10 Adjustable
- Warranty = 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Recording of apneas and hypopneas with central/obstructive split
- Recording of inspiratory flow limitations and snoring
- Leak detection and reporting for each respiratory event
- Approximately 200 sessions of 8 hours stored in embedded memory
- Approximately 50 sessions of 8 hours available on memory card
- Comprehensive Sandman therapy software available for all users