The Sandman Intro™ HC CPAP offers a unique design that fits easily into users’ lives delivering unparalleled performance, comfort, features, and convenience all in a package robust enough for nightly use at home and small enough to tuck in your carry back on the road.
Every Sandman Intro HC comes complete with an internal heated humidifier featuring the Humid Control (HC) humidification system that provides a stable humidification level throughout the night for highly effective and comfortable therapy. By merging the CPAP and humidifier design from the outset Puritan Bennett was able to create an astonishingly light and compact unit. At just 2.65 lbs with heated humidifier the Sandman weighs less than most CPAP systems do by themselves! The Sandman's humidifier is located at the rear of the device with a water chamber and filter that are easy to remove for cleaning. And the Sandman is powered by a single slimline cord too so there is no heavy "power brick" to worry about!
Numerous user-friendly features -- including automatic patient reminders, ultra-quiet operation and a front-facing display screen with large backlit buttons that dim automatically after use -- help to make the Sandman easy to sleep with at night and a great look and low price makes the Sandman easy to live with during the day.
- Clean, sophisticated design with an exceptionally small footprint fits easily into the home environment and carry-on luggage
- Internal heated humidifier for breathing comfort
- Super quiet operation (Best in class at 26 dBA average)
- Wide pressure range (3 to 20 cm H20) and adjustable ramp (0 to 45 min) allow you to fall asleep at a lower pressure
- No bulky power brick
- Large backlit buttons that dim automatically after use
- Automatic patient reminders
- Universal Power Supply - Automatic voltage regulator and international power supply for operation on AC currents from 110 to 240 without adjustments. (Plug adapter may be needed for operation outside of U.S.)
Dimensions & Weight (Approximate)
- For Reference:Discontinued 09.01.2010
- Part Numbers:M-114820-US
- In The Package:Sandman Intro HC CPAP with Heated Humidifier, Travel Bag, Power Cord, Memory Card, Two Reusable Foam Filters, 6-Foot Tube, Printed Users Manuals, 90-Day Warranty
- HCPCS Codes:E0601 E0562
- FLEX SPENDING:Can be purchased with FSA & HSA Cards
Performance & Power
- CPAP with HUMIDIFIER = 6.9" x 7.5" x 4.7"
- CPAP with HUMIDIFIER = 2.65 lbs
- Power Brick = NA (The Sandman uses a slim power cord with no power brick.)
- Pressure Range = 3cm to 20cm H20
- Ramp Time = 0 to 45 minutes (5-min increments)
- Ramp Start Pressure = 3 to CPAP Pressure (User adjustable)
- Altitude Compenstation = Automatic up to 9000 Feet
- Automatic Leak Compensation = Yes
- Auto On/Off = No
- Water Chamber Capacity = 350 ml
- Heater Settings = 0-10 Adjustable
- Universal Power Supply = Input Range 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- External Power Supply = NA (The Sandman uses a slim power cord with no external power supply.)
This is a good product comfortable with low noise. I would recomend.
Written by Carlos, -2012-03-10
Sandman Intro HC Humidified CPAP System
The logistics aspect of the purchase pleasantly surprised me because I receive the unit Within 2-3 day from the time, I placed my order. The quality of the shipping material and the quality of the product far surpassed my expectation. I had a CPAP machine in the past The Sandman Intro HC Humidified CPAP System by far was superior to my old one and the Cost!!!!!!!!!, best money I ever spent
Written by Joel Brad Newring, -2012-03-06
Great Little Machine
These was a really great machine, it's too bad that Covidien stopped making CPAPs. Thankfully I still have this and my 420G!
Written by Thomas, -2012-02-08