The Lightweight Travel CPAP/BiPAP Battery Pack is a brilliant power solution for people who need truly portable sleep therapy or a reliable backup for use during unexpected power outages.
- Compatible with Most CPAP/BiPAP Machines
- Ultra Lightweight Battery Less Than 1.5 Pounds!
- Universal AC Charger For Use Worldwide
- Meets All FAA Regulations for Use on Commercial Aircraft
Compatible with Most CPAP/BiPAP Machines: The Travel Battery Pack is compatible with machines from all major manufacturers, and it really works providing average run times of 1-2 nights with most machines so you can take your CPAP/BiPAP on vacation, camping, on the road, in the air, or wherever else you may go!
Ultra Lightweight Battery Less Than 2 Lbs! At the heart of the Travel Battery Pack is an ultra-small, ultra-light (less than 1.5 pounds), ultra-powerful Lithium Ion battery like those found in many laptop computers. Lithium Ion batteries are small and powerful so you can expect to get hundreds of uses out of your battery pack if it is maintained properly. In addition each pack comes with a convenient Travel Bag and a Battery Recharger.
Universal AC Charger For Use Worldwide: The Travel Battery Pack's specially designed AC Charger with Universal Power Supply effectively recharges the battery without overcharging it. To make things even easier a green light on the charger will let you know when the battery is fully recharged. Because the charger has a Universal Power Supply it can be used in most locations worldwide (a plug adapter may be needed for charging outside of North America).
Meets All FAA Regulations for Use on Commercial Aircraft: Current FAA regulations allow CPAP/BiPAP Machines and Lithium Ion Batteries (like the one in this battery pack) to be carried onboard commercial flights; however it is always important to check with your airline prior to travel to determine exactly what requirements they have for carrying medical equipment on board. Many will require a letter of medical necessity from your doctor or a copy of your prescription.
To learn more about traveling with CPAP/BiPAP Equipment please visit the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) or the Safe Travel DOT information site.
How The Lightweight Travel Battery Pack Works: The Travel Battery is equipped with a DC Power Socket (like those found in most vehicles). To power your CPAP/BiPAP with the battery simply connect your machine to the pack using a manufacturer approved DC cord. We offer packages with DC Cords for Philips Respironics, ResMed, Fisher & Paykel, and DeVilbiss machines; but if you already own a DC cord for your machine there is no need to purchase another! The battery pack will work fine with any manufacturer approved DC Power Cord. Review your CPAP/BiPAP manual if you are unsure about whether your system has DC power capabilities.
Important Usage Tips: The Lightweight Travel Battery Pack is designed to help you get a good night's sleep. The amount of time the pack will power your system between recharges will vary depending on your specific machine, pressure and setup. Follow these usage tips to get the most out of your battery pack:
- For best results batteries should be fully depleted and recharged on a regular basis (every 4-6 weeks).
- Using a heated humidifier and/or heated tubing with the battery pack will significantly reduce run times and may effect overall CPAP/BiPAP functionality. To help extend run times turn the heated humidifiers and heated tubing off when using a CPAP battery pack. Heated humidifiers can be used in passover -- non heated -- mode when using a battery pack.
- If your CPAP/BiPAP machine is equipped with ECO, Power Saver, or Airplane Mode activate it to extend battery life between recharges.
- Comfort features -- like C-Flex, A-Flex and EPR -- and leaks can increase CPAP/BiPAP power usage. To maximize battery run times reduce leaks and disable comfort features if possible.
- When you receive your battery pack it may include a small charge. For best performance it should be fully charged prior to first use.
- Always use the proper DC cord for your CPAP/BiPAP machine. Consult your CPAP/BiPAP machine manual for specifications.
- Part Numbers:PAPBAT-UNIVERSAL
- Warranties:6-Months Manufacturer's Warranty
- In The Package:Lithium Ion Battery, Travel Case, and Universal AC Battery Recharger.
- HCPCS Codes:E1399
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
AC POWER SPECS
- AC Power: AC Power Supply with Charging Cord
- AC Input Range:Universal 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- AC Power Supply Dimensions:4.25 x 2.00 x 1.25 Inches
- AC Cord Weight:0.625 Pounds
- AC Cord Length:10 Feet 8 Inches
BATTERY POWER SPECS
- Battery Power:Lightweight Battery Pack
- Battery Dimensions:4.5 x 3.0 x 1.5 Inches
- Battery Weight:1.35 Pounds
- Battery Runtime:1-3 Nights Depending on Settings. Lower pressure settings will increase run times and higher pressure settings will decrease run times.
- Battery Recharge Time:5 Hours
- Battery Recharging:Always use the AC Charger provided to recharge your battery pack. Using a non-approved charger may damage your battery and void the warranty. When recharging two red lights on the power supply indicate the battery is charging; and one red and one green light on the power supply indicates the battery is fully charged. To recharge your battery from a DC power source use the supplied AC Charger with a 150 Watt Power Inverter.
- Battery Life:400-500 Cycles
- Battery Type:Lithium Ion (9.7 ELC)
- Battery Voltage:12.0 V
- Battery Notes:Please read our Important Usage Tips for advice on battery use, storage, and charging. For full usage instructions please review the user manual that came with your machine.
- PICTURE NOTE:Pictures shown on this page are for reference only. Individual battery and travel case colors and designs may vary depending on current available supply.
CPAP travel battery
Upon receiving the battery I charged it. It took considerably longer to charge it than was stated in the description. I believe that it said it required about 5 hours charge time and it took around 8. My CPAP machine is set to 7 cm. I wanted to test the battery life so I tried it out at home. I connected to it 3 straight nights, about 6 hours per night - a total of around 18 hours. I am really impressed. I have absolutely no doubt that I could rely on a fully charged battery for two full nights of sleep if I were traveling and didn't have access to a power supply. For trips by car, I have "charging station", essentially a car battery with a 12-volt connector that will power the CPAP for at least 3 - 4 nights. But, I am going to Europe and may find myself needing to stay someplace that doesn't have an electrical outlet or may have a power failure. The battery itself is compact, but the charger and the cords required to charge and run the on the battery add to the number of items required to be carried. I have taken 5 trips to Europe in the last 6 years, carrying only a small day back and a carry-on suitcase. This battery and the accessories for it won't be any sort of inconvenience being in the day pack with the CPAP machine itself. All in all, I am extremely pleased with this battery and would recommend it to anyone else considering buying one. I am really happy with my purchase.
Written by Sam, -2012-05-06