The Lightweight Travel CPAP/BiPAP Battery Pack is a brilliant power solution for people who need truly portable sleep therapy or a reliable backup for use during unexpected power outages.
- Compatible with Most CPAP/BiPAP Machines
- Ultra Lightweight Battery Less Than 1.5 Pounds!
- Universal AC Charger For Use Worldwide
- Meets All FAA Regulations for Use on Commercial Aircraft
Compatible with Most CPAP/BiPAP Machines: The Travel Battery Pack is compatible with machines from all major manufacturers, and it really works providing average run times of 1-2 nights with most machines so you can take your CPAP/BiPAP on vacation, camping, on the road, in the air, or wherever else you may go!
Ultra Lightweight Battery Less Than 2 Lbs! At the heart of the Travel Battery Pack is an ultra-small, ultra-light (less than 1.5 pounds), ultra-powerful Lithium Ion battery like those found in many laptop computers. Lithium Ion batteries are small and powerful so you can expect to get hundreds of uses out of your battery pack if it is maintained properly. In addition each pack comes with a convenient Travel Bag and a Battery Recharger.
Universal AC Charger For Use Worldwide: The Travel Battery Pack's specially designed AC Charger with Universal Power Supply effectively recharges the battery without overcharging it. To make things even easier a green light on the charger will let you know when the battery is fully recharged. Because the charger has a Universal Power Supply it can be used in most locations worldwide (a plug adapter may be needed for charging outside of North America).
Meets All FAA Regulations for Use on Commercial Aircraft: Current FAA regulations allow CPAP/BiPAP Machines and Lithium Ion Batteries (like the one in this battery pack) to be carried onboard commercial flights; however it is always important to check with your airline prior to travel to determine exactly what requirements they have for carrying medical equipment on board. Many will require a letter of medical necessity from your doctor or a copy of your prescription.
To learn more about traveling with CPAP/BiPAP Equipment please visit the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) or the Safe Travel DOT information site.
How The Lightweight Travel Battery Pack Works: The Travel Battery is equipped with a DC Power Socket (like those found in most vehicles). To power your CPAP/BiPAP with the battery simply connect your machine to the pack using a manufacturer approved DC cord. We offer packages with DC Cords for Philips Respironics, ResMed, Fisher & Paykel, and DeVilbiss machines; but if you already own a DC cord for your machine there is no need to purchase another! The battery pack will work fine with any manufacturer approved DC Power Cord. Review your CPAP/BiPAP manual if you are unsure about whether your system has DC power capabilities.
Important Usage Tips: The Lightweight Travel Battery Pack is designed to help you get a good night's sleep. The amount of time the pack will power your system between recharges will vary depending on your specific machine, pressure and setup. Follow these usage tips to get the most out of your battery pack:
- For best results batteries should be fully depleted and recharged on a regular basis (every 4-6 weeks).
- Using a heated humidifier and/or heated tubing with the battery pack will significantly reduce run times and may effect overall CPAP/BiPAP functionality. To help extend run times turn the heated humidifiers and heated tubing off when using a CPAP battery pack. Heated humidifiers can be used in passover -- non heated -- mode when using a battery pack.
- If your CPAP/BiPAP machine is equipped with ECO, Power Saver, or Airplane Mode activate it to extend battery life between recharges.
- Comfort features -- like C-Flex, A-Flex and EPR -- and leaks can increase CPAP/BiPAP power usage. To maximize battery run times reduce leaks and disable comfort features if possible.
- When you receive your battery pack it may include a small charge. For best performance it should be fully charged prior to first use.
- Always use the proper DC cord for your CPAP/BiPAP machine. Consult your CPAP/BiPAP machine manual for specifications.
- Part Numbers:PAPBAT-RESPIRONICS
- Warranties:6-Months Manufacturer's Warranty
- In The Package:Lithium Ion Battery, Travel Case, Universal AC Battery Recharger, and a Respironics DC Power Cord (for Powering Your Machine from the Battery Pack or any 12V DC Socket).
- HCPCS Codes:E1399
- FSA Eligible:Can be purchased with FSA Cards
AC POWER SPECS
- AC Power: AC Power Supply with Charging Cord
- AC Input Range:Universal 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- AC Power Supply Dimensions:4.25 x 2.00 x 1.25 Inches
- AC Cord Weight:0.625 Pounds
- AC Cord Length:10 Feet 8 Inches
BATTERY POWER SPECS
- Battery Power:Lightweight Battery Pack
- Battery Dimensions:4.5 x 3.0 x 1.5 Inches
- Battery Weight:1.35 Pounds
- Battery Runtime:1-3 Nights Depending on Settings. Lower pressure settings will increase run times and higher pressure settings will decrease run times.
- Battery Recharge Time:5 Hours
- Battery Recharging:Always use the AC Charger provided to recharge your battery pack. Using a non-approved charger may damage your battery and void the warranty. When recharging two red lights on the power supply indicate the battery is charging; and one red and one green light on the power supply indicates the battery is fully charged. To recharge your battery from a DC power source use the supplied AC Charger with a 150 Watt Power Inverter.
- Battery Life:400-500 Cycles
- Battery Type:Lithium Ion (9.7 ELC)
- Battery Voltage:12.0 V
- Battery Notes:Please read our Important Usage Tips for advice on battery use, storage, and charging. For full usage instructions please review the user manual that came with your machine.
- PICTURE NOTE:Pictures shown on this page are for reference only. Individual battery and travel case colors and designs may vary depending on current available supply.
RESPIRONICS PACKAGE OPTIONS
- DreamStation Series CPAP & BiPAP Machines:Compatible with all DreamStation Series Machines including the DreamStation, DreamStation Pro, DreamStation Auto, DreamStation BiPAP Pro, DreamStation Auto BiPAP, etc. Average Run Times: 20-24 hours at 6CM, 10-14 hours at 10CM, 8-12 hours at 14CM.
- PR System One 60 Series CPAP & BiPAP Machines:Compatible with all 60 Series System One REMstar Machines including the REMstar Plus 260, REMstar SE 220, REMstar Pro 460, REMstar Auto 560, BiPAP Pro 660, BiPAP Auto 760, etc. Average Run Times: 20-24 hours at 6CM, 10-14 hours at 10CM, 8-12 hours at 14CM.
- PR System One 50 Series CPAP & BiPAP Machines:Compatible with all 50 Series System One REMstar Machines including the REMstar Plus 250, REMstar Pro 250, REMstar Auto 550, BiPAP Pro 650, BiPAP Auto 750, etc. Average Run Times: 20-24 hours at 6CM, 10-14 hours at 10CM, 8-12 hours at 14CM.
- M-Series CPAP & BiPAP Machines:Compatible with all M-Series REMstar, M-Series REMstar Plus, M-Series REMstar Pro, M-Series REMstar Auto, M-Series BiPAP Plus, M-Series BiPAP Auto Machines. Average Run Times: 16-20 hours at 6CM, 10-14 hours at 10CM, 8-12 hours at 14CM.
- Maximizing Battery Life with Philips Respironics Machines:To maximize battery life with a Philips Respironics device ensure that heated humidifiers are only used in passover mode (with the heater level turned off), and that heated tubing is turned off. For greater run times disable comfort features like C-Flex, A-Flex or Bi-Flex.
Great web site! Ease of ordering! Excellent delivery! Awesome product!
Great web site! Ease of ordering! Excellent delivery! Awesome product!
Written by dfraser777, Citrus Heights -2017-09-01
Light weight battery pack for Bipap
One of the best decisions that my husband had in preparation for our 14 day tour of the British Isles. The battery pack worked well on the flight from Chicago to London and later the next day. The battery was fully charged before use and it lasted about 14 hours before requiring a recharge. The recharge required about 6 hours. We are in Dublin, Ireland as we continue our vacation with a sigh of relief that the Bipap machine can be used on the flight home. The battery charger cleared customs with no problem as a carry-on and did count toward our carry-on allocation. What a great convenience this adds to our vacation experience. My only complaint is that we didn't make purchase sooner. We could not be more satisfied with the purchase.
Written by Blanche B, -2015-10-01
Love the Battery Pack!
I bought the battery pack for a two night off-grid camping trip. I use a System One, Series 60 CPAP set on 9. I removed the humidifier and it ran all night with no problems. I did have access to power during the day to recharge, so I did not attempt two nights on one charge, but it worked perfectly both nights. I used it again two nights ago when a storm took out our power at home. I didn't remove the humidifier, but I did turn it off. Since the power didn't come back on until 5:00 in the morning, that was another full night. I definitely recommend this product!
Written by Steve S, -2014-11-02
Good product slow shipping
The product worked better than expected.
Written by Camper, -2014-07-18
Excellent service, good battery
The battery and associated cords came as ordered, correctly. I spoke with a representative at CPAP Exchange, and she and I determined the correct configuration for my unit. I would recommend that you contact them directly before ordering, to make sure you get the right one with the cords and adapters you need for your own unit.
Written by Michael M. , -2014-06-21
Use of the lightweight Travel Battery Pack
After receiving the lightweight battery pack, I wanted to use it at home before attempting to travel with it. I fully charged the pack, and then successfully powered my Respironics 560 TS for 2 nights (13 hours of use with power still remaining). This will be more than adequate for my travel needs. (Note: the heat was turned off for both the humidifier and the tubing.) Extremely happy with the product.
Written by Ted V, -2014-05-09
Great Battery Pack
I purchased this battery pack for international air travel. Many of the international carriers will not allow me to plug into their electrical circuit on board. It worked great for my flight from Los Angeles to London with plenty of power to spare. I highly recommend this battery pack.
Written by Kevin D., -2012-10-22
Battery for Respironics
Ive used this on two camping trips and it worked great. CPAP exchange upgraded the shipping so the battery arrived as ordered. I didn't have an opportunity to charge it as planned and found that it needs more than 9 hourse for at least the initial charge. Since then I make sure and allow adequate time to charge and without humidifier I've gotten 3 nights great sleep in the outdoors. Packs well on my motorcycle too!
Written by Sambo, -2012-08-01